Are You Ready to Switch Over to Power Diary?
We are excited that you chose Power Diary to be your new client management software and we would like to help you make the transition as smooth as possible. While Power Diary enables you to start using it from day one, some setup needs to be made to customize your account to your specific business needs.
In this article:
- Do I Need To Set Up Power Diary If I Have My Data Imported?
- When Should I Start Using ONLY Power Diary For My Clients' Management?
- Do I Need To Set Up Power Diary If I Do Not Import Any Data?
Do I Need To Set Up Power Diary If I Have My Data Imported?
As a one-off free complimentary service to our new customers, we can assist with importing your data, whether it be from another system, or perhaps a spreadsheet containing client records. However, as there are some things that may not be included in the import, you might need to set up some of them in your Power Diary account. We provide an exhaustive list of the areas that may need to require manual setup, for your reference:
- Active practitioners. This includes all current practitioners/employees that will have a calendar in your Power Diary account. Read more about practitioners and how to set them up here.
- Users. This sets up the login for each person accessing your Power Diary account. Read more about users and how to set them up here.
- Availability. Set up each calendar's availability. Read more about availability and how to set it up here.
- Locations. Set up your business locations. Any locations that are linked to data being imported that aren't set up in your Power Diary account will be added to your account and set as inactive. Read more on setting up locations here.
- Templates (including communication templates, note templates, and form templates).
- The following account settings are set up under the menu Settings → Configuration:
- Business Information via Settings → Configuration → Business Info.
- Calendar display settings via Settings → Configuration → Calendar display.
- Appointment reminders via Settings → Configuration → Reminders.
- Invoice and statement layouts via Settings → Configuration → Invoices.
- Communication settings via Settings → Configuration → Communication.
- Automated tasks via Settings → Configuration → Tasks.
- Services. Used to generate invoices, as Item lines where duration is counted, via Settings > Services
- Products. Used to generate invoices, as Item lines without duration, via Settings > Products
- Session packs. Used for tracking the number of sessions, a fixed amount of sessions, hours, or money. Read more about session packs and how to set them up here.
- Insurers and Provider Numbers. Used to generate invoices for various types of insurance claims.
- Client portal. The portal for clients to book their appointments and process payments. Read more on setting up the client portal here.
- Custom Lists. In Settings > Custom Lists, you will find all the customisable categories to help you tailor your account to your business needs.
If you practice in Australia and provide services covered by Australian Medicare, you will need to apply for the software Location/Minor ID and register for bulk billing and DVA, if applicable, to be able to process claims via our direct integration with Medicare. Click here for the instructions.
- Please look through this collection of articles that cover the specifics of importing from various client management systems: Moving To Power Diary
- If we do not have an article specifically addressing the system that you are migrating from, this article would be the one that you should refer to.
- It may be so that the system you are moving from is new to us, but we will be happy to perform an initial analysis of your data to understand what can and can’t be imported. We will only need you to provide us with an interim dataset for assessment.
When Should I Start Using ONLY Power Diary For My Clients' Management?
Once you have exported your final dataset from your previous client management software, we strongly recommend that you start using your Power Diary account, so that there is no gap between your data entries. If you need to add client profiles to Power Diary for making bookings and creating session notes while waiting for the data to be imported, do so. When the data import is complete, you will be able to merge any duplicate profiles easily, which will result in all relevant data entries merged into one single profile.
Do I Need To Set Up Power Diary If I Do Not Import Any Data?
You can use Power Diary from day one to create clients, appointments, invoices, send reminders and online forms, write session notes, and more. As every business is different, it is necessary that you set up your Power Diary account tailoring it to your organization's needs and employees. The advice offered in the first section of this article and in the Practice Setup and Training Guides are a great resource to assist with setting up and making sure you have not missed out on anything really important.
We are keen to assist with your practice setup!💡
- We have created these setup guides following which you will be able to prepare your Power Diary account for the most efficient use. 1. Practice Setup Guide - The Basics
- Or, you are always welcome to Schedule a One-on-One Call
- You may also be interested in “Power Talks” Practice Management Webinars:
All of our past and upcoming “how-to” and practice management-focused webinars are in one place
2. Practice Setup Guide - Advanced