Setting Up Session Packs
Session Packs are a very cool feature you can use when creating new appointments in Power Diary. It can be used to keep track of three separate metrics, designed for a variety of different situations you might need;
- Number of Sessions
- Fixed Amount of Hours
- Fixed Amount of Money
For example, you can use a Session Pack to keep track of prepaid subscriptions a client has bought, the number of appointments your referral has had with your clinic or NDIS plans.
In this article, we will show you how to create a Session Pack Template and assign them to become an automatic default for every appointment created with an individual client.
In this article:
Creating a Session Pack Template
It’s easy to create a new Session Pack Template:
- Navigate to Setup → Session Packs using the menu on the left-side of Power Diary.
- Click on + Add Session Pack.
- A form will open up where you can add details of your new Session Pack and choose between Sessions, Money and Hours tracking type. This includes setting subsequent sessions at a reduced rate.
- Once done, click on the Save button. Doing so will create a new Session Pack Template that you can assign to clients.
How to Use Session Packs
There are three ways to assign a Session Pack to a client after the above template has been created. Read more about these at Using Session Packs.
Assign a Session Pack as a Client’s Default
You can define a Preferred Service or Session Pack to individual clients for every appointment going forward, designed to save on admin. Here’s how:
- Open the client’s profile page by either using the search bar on top of Power Diary or by double-clicking on their appointment in your calendar.
- Navigate to Billing → Billing Setup.
- Click on Preferred Service or Pack and choose the right session pack from the list.
- Click on the Save Changes button. This will add the Session Pack automatically every time you create an appointment for the client.
You can have the system remind you when a client finishes the last session in their Session Pack. Here’s how:
- Navigate to Setup → Configuration → Tasks using the menu on the left-side of Power Diary.
- Enable the toggle labelled Create a task when the last appointment in a session pack is used or a pack expires.
- Click on the Save Changes button.