Setting Up and Using Session Packs
Session packs can be used in a number of ways, from tracking prepaid and pay-as-you-go sessions or to track the number of sessions a client has attended (perfect for tracking appointments within a referral). In this article we look at how to create session pack templates, add them to client record, use them for billing and even session tracking.
In this article:
Add Session Pack Templates
In order to use session packs you will first need to create a session pack template. To add a template follow the steps below.
- Go to Setup > Session Packs and click + Add Session Pack
- Fill out any/all of the relevant fields for your session pack.
Add Client Client Session Packs
Adding a session pack from the client's record
- Navigate to the client's record (by either searching for them or double-clicking an appointment).
- Go to Billing > Session Packs and click + Add New Pack.
- Set all of the options as desired or choose a pack template and click ✓ Save.
You can also go to Billing > Session Packs to view a client's open or past session packs (toggle the Show Inactive slider to see expired/used packs).
Adding a session pack from an appointment
- Navigate to the appointments (calendar) page, find the appointment and select it.
- In the appointment details panel (right-hand side of the page), open the Select a Service or Pack drop-down.
- Either select an open pack (from the top of the list) or a template (from the bottom of the list) and click ✓ Save.
Adding a session pack from an invoice
- Edit the invoice that you would like to add the pack to.
- Scroll to the Add Items to This Invoice section and open the Select a Service or Product drop-down.
- Either select an open pack (from the top of the list) or a template (from the bottom of the list) and click + Add to Invoice.
Session Based Referrals/Session Tracking
Session packs are a great way to track the number of appointments that a client has attended. This is commonly used to track sessions within a referral, but it's useful in any situation where you want to know how many sessions a client has had within an assigned number.
When using session packs in this way you will want to ensure that you're always using the ' Open' session pack for each subsequent appointment.
You can also set the session pack as the client's preferred service or pack under Billing > Billing Setup on their client record, ensuring that each of their new appointments has the correct pack selected.
You can configure an automatic event reminder to be triggered whenever a client uses the last appointment in their pack, or whenever a pack expires. Do this by going to Setup > Reminders and turning on the 'Remind me when a Client uses the last Appointment in a Service Pack or when a Pack expires' setting.