Navigating the Calendar Screen
After you successfully log in to your Power Diary account, you will be greeted with the Power Diary dashboard. Here, you can manage your appointments, navigate to other important areas of your account, and customise what information your calendar displays (and how). Since you'll be spending a lot of time on this dashboard, it is a good idea to get familiar with it.
In this article:
Here's the video:
Here's the overview:
There are five main parts of the dashboard. The sidebar, the top panel, the middle panel, the calendar toolbar and the calendar itself. In this article, we will explore each part of the dashboard, except the calendar, which we'll discuss in a separate article.
Inside the sidebar, you will find seven menu items.
- Calendar: This will take you straight to the main dashboard - no matter what page you're currently on.
- People: This includes options to create new clients, referrer and third-party profiles, search existing profiles and access your waitlist.
- Sales: Here, you'll find the options to create and view invoices and payments.
- Reports: This is where you can get the options to generate multiple types of reports regarding your health practice.
- Tools: This gives you access to handy tools, like the form designer, Medicare billing, communication templates and more.
- Setup: Here, you'll find options to set up your account, such as your calendar, users, products, credit card info and more.
- Help: This handy shortcut will open the help menu, where you can view our help articles and contact customer support.
You can click on the Power Diary logo on the top-right corner to quickly jump back to the main dashboard as well.
To access the options within each menu item, simply click on it. To minimize the sidebar altogether, click the three blue horizontal bars on the top-right corner of the sidebar to make it disappear.
The Calendar Toolbar
This toolbar quickly lets you navigate to different positions on your calendar.
- This lets you select which user's calendar you want to view. In addition, if you click the drop-down menu, you will be able to select the All Calendars option, with which you'll be able to see all users' calendars in one click.
- The Locations Filter lets you view all calendars, groups of calendars, or individual calendars which have been rostered for a specific location and have appointments scheduled.
- If you click on the left/right arrows, you'll be able to jump one week before/after. Keep clicking to jump as many weeks into the past or future you want. And if you click the date, you'll open the calendar view, which will let you jump quickly to a specific date in time.
- If you click on the downwards pointing arrow next to Today, you'll be able to jump 1 week, 2 weeks and so on up to 12 months quickly from today's date.
- By clicking Day, M-F or Week, you can switch your calendar to show only a day, from Monday to Friday, or the completely week from Monday to Sunday.
- These three buttons give you access to handy shortcuts:
- If you have another user create appointments for you, you can click the refresh button to update your calendar.
- By clicking the hide button, you can stop client names from appearing on your calendar.
- Clicking the three vertical dots will give you the option to print your appointment list, view your calendar legend, hide unattended/cancelled appointments and find an available spot in your schedule.
The Top Panel
The top panel includes five important elements:
- The Search Bar: Using this, you can search clients, appointments, invoices, third parties and referrers in your account.
- Notepad: Clicking this will let you create a personal note, either to your own calendar or another practitioner.
- Tasks: This area lets you see your task alerts, such as client birthdays, expired session packs or custom tasks you created.
- SMS Messenger: Here, you can view your existing SMS conversations with clients, or start a new one.
- Profile Menu: This menu gives you the option to switch to another Power Diary account (if you have multiple), see your account settings or log out.
A dedicated Toll-Free Number (TFN) is required to send/receive SMS messages in the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Barbados. For more details, please click here.