Processing Stripe Payments
There are a few different ways to process credit card payments through Power Diary using our integration with Stripe. Each of them can be useful in different circumstances. In this article we'll cover each of these methods, as well as cover the fees associated with processing payments.
In this article:
There are three ways of initiating a credit card payment for an appointment/invoice:
- Select a client appointment in the calendar. Underneath the payment, method drop-down clicks Process Credit Card Payment.
- Select the Credit Card (online) payment method from either the appointment details panel or on an invoice.
- Navigate to an invoice that you would like to process a credit card payment for. Under the Add Payments for this Invoice section of an invoice click the Process Credit Card Payment link under the Select a Payment Method drop-down.
After clicking one of these options a card details pop-up will appear. If this is your first time taking a credit card payment from this client you will need to enter a card number, expiration date and CVC (Card Verification Code). The card details will then be stored by Stripe for future transactions. Once you have entered the details click Pay to process the payment. You'll get an immediate response advising if the payment was successful or not.
Storing credit cards
You can store a client's credit card without processing a payment by going to the client's record and selecting Billing > Billing setup. On the billing setup page simply click 'Add Credit Card' and follow the prompts.
You can track the status of any payments taken through this integration on your Stripe dashboard (there is a link to this under Setup > Credit Card Billing).
Refunding Stripe Payments
To process a refund through Stripe you'll need to login to your Stripe Dashboard. You can access this directly by going to Setup > Credit Card Billing and clicking on Stripe Dashboard. Then follow the instructions from Stripe's Knowledge Base about how to process refunds which can be found here.
- A one-time 'Stripe Connect Fee'.
- A nominal 'Credit Card Processing Fee' for each transaction you process for a client (from their credit card to your Stripe account)
Your fees will vary slightly depending on where you're from - and all of these fees are visible from your Stripe dashboard.
|Country||Power Diary Stripe Connect Fee||Stripe Credit Card Fee (domestic cards)|
||$0.50 + GST (AUD)||1.75% + 30¢ (inc. GST)|
|United Kingdom||50p (GBP)||1.4% + 20p|
| New Zealand
||$0.50 (NZD)||2.9% + $0.30|
|United States||$0.50 (USD)||2.9% + 30¢|
|Other||$0.50 (Local Currency)|| See Stripe's Pricing Page
To see if Stripe is supported in your country, please click here.