Using Session Packs
There are three ways to assign a Session Pack to a client. You can use whichever method you find suitable.
In this article:
When assigning a current Session Pack to a client, select from the list of Open Session Packs at the top of the list the client already has open;
Method # 1: Adding a Session Pack From a Client’s Profile
You can assign a Session Pack to a client from within their Profile. To do so:
- Open the client’s profile page by either using the search bar on top of Power Diary - or by right-clicking their appointment and then clicking on Client Details.
- On the client’s profile page, navigate to Billing → Session Packs.
- Click on + Add New Pack.
- Fill in the details of the Session Pack you are assigning the client including name, description and what metric you'd like to track (number of sessions, hours or money). This includes setting subsequent sessions at a reduced rate.
- Click on the Save button to confirm assigning the Session Pack to the client.
- Once done, you can easily see all active session packs for the client by navigating to Billing → Session Packs;
Method # 2: Adding a Session Pack From an Appointment
You can assign a Session Pack to a client through their already-created appointment in your Power Diary calendar. Here’s how:
- Go to your Power Diary calendar and click on the client’s appointment to which you want to add a Session Pack to.
- The Appointment Panel will open on your right. Scroll down and click on the Select a Service or Pack drop-down menu.
- Choose a Session Pack Template from the list and click on the Save button. This will open a new Pack based on the pre-made Template.
You can see which session of a Pack a client is currently on.
Here is how to do it:
- Simply click on the client’s latest appointment to which you’ve assigned a session pack.
- Scroll down until you reach the invoice section.
- Under Services and Products, you’ll see which session number the current appointment is for.
Method # 3: Adding a Session Pack From an Invoice
If you’ve completed a session from a Session Pack with a client - and forgotten to assign it to them in advance, you can add it to the client’s invoice. Here’s how:
- Open the client’s Profile page by either using the search bar or by double-clicking on one of their appointments in your calendar.
- Navigate to Billing → Invoices.
- Click on the + New Invoice button or choose an existing invoice from the list of invoices below.
- After opening an invoice, click on Add Invoice Item and select an Open Session Pack or a Session Pack Template from the list.
- Once done, simply print the invoice or email it to your client.
To avoid having to do this all the time, use the above two methods to assign a Session Pack to a client. But if you forget, this method is the way to go.
How to Assign a Session Pack as a Client’s Default Service
You can define a Session Pack for individual clients for every appointment going forward, designed to save on admin. Here’s how:
- Open the client’s profile page by either using the search bar on top of Power Diary or by double-clicking on their appointment in your calendar.
- Navigate to Billing → Billing Setup.
- Click on Preferred Service or Pack and choose the right session pack from the list.
- Click on the Save Changes button. This will add the Session Pack automatically every time you create an appointment for the client.
You can have the system remind you when a client finishes the last session in their Session Pack. Here’s how:
- Navigate to Setup → Configuration → Tasks using the menu on the left-side of Power Diary.
- Enable the toggle labelled Create a task when the last appointment in a session pack is used or a pack expires
- Click on the Save Changes button.