Setting Up and Editing Rosters
In this article:
The Roster function is used to determine what times in each diary are shown as available (white or custom) or not available (greyed out). This helps users to quickly identify availability in the diary. Your Roster is also used to determine where and when you are available for appointments booked by clients on your Client Portal.
The effect for users: Roster settings serve as a visual cue. Users are able to book appointments in the "greyed out" (not available) times if needed.
When Client Appointments are created in your diary the Roster is used to set the Location of the appointment. (If you are seeing a client outside of your Rostered hours your diary's "Default Location" will be used. This can be found in Setup > Diaries.)
The effect for your clients: If you have given your clients access to the "Client Login" feature they will only be able to book appointments during times that are marked as "available" in the roster and that have 'Client can book online' ticked. All other times will be "greyed out" and they will not be able to schedule appointments during these periods.
Setting Up and Editing Standard Weekly Rosters
- Setup > Roster
- Select the diary from the left-hand side menu
- If there is an existing Weekly Roster click 'Edit', otherwise click "Add New Roster"
- Set the Period of the roster. This will require a start date of when this roster will commence in the diary. You can either enter an end date or leave it as 'Ongoing' so that the roster is implemented for all future dates.
- Add a Description (this is only shown on the Roster page for your own reference).
- Set the Location for the Roster (new appointments booked during the rostered period will be linked to this location)
- Set the frequency that you would like this to recur (ie weekly or fortnightly)
- Under Days and Times, you can go through each day and add your availability. To add a block of availability for a day click "+ Add Availability" and then use the filter to set the start and end time of the block.
- If you use the client portal and would like to allow your clients to book in during this available time tick 'Clients can book online' and this will display this time block as available for the client. If this is not ticked, this time block will show as unavailable in the client portal.
- Click 'Save'
Using the 'Roster Override' feature
The Roster Override allows you to enter one-off exceptions to the main roster for situations such as Public Holidays and Annual Leave. Availability settings in the Customer Roster override the main roster settings.
- Setup > Roster
- Select desired diary
- Select "Add New Roster Override"
- Enter the Period and Time
- Enter "Description" details for your reference.
- Select the Location
- Select whether you will be Available or Unavailable.
- Click Save.
You can edit or delete your Roster Override settings at any time.
Using Rosters with Multiple Locations
If you have more than one location you would create a Standard Weekly Roster linked to each location. This will allow you to reflect your availability at each location. Each location can have a colour attached which is reflected in the diary to help you easily identify which location you are working in each day. To associate a colour with each location please follow these steps:
- Access the location via Setup > Configuration > Locations
- Edit an existing location, or click "Add Location"
- Use the colour picker provided to select the desired colour for the location.
Once you have created a roster for each location, your calendar would then be displayed with the background colour indicating which location they are available in for that time slot. Here is an example: