Recording and Reviewing the User Activity Log File
The Log File automatically keeps a record of user activity in your account. You can see when a user logged in (including their computer's IP address) and exactly what they viewed and changed in your Power Diary Account. You also have a range of filter options so you can view exactly the information you are interested in i.e. which users have accessed a client file, or made a change to an appointment. The system stores the past twelve months of activity.
How to Use the Log File
- Go to Tools > Log File
- Select your filter options and click Go.
This is what the filter options do:
- Start / End Date: Shows you account activity within this date range (History from the last twelve months is available)
- Username: Shows you only activity for the selected User or select Show All Users (check "Show inactive users" to see activity for users that are no longer active).
- Client name: Shows activity only related to that client, including appointment changes and which users have accessed the client file.
- Page name: Show which users have accessed a particular page in your account.
- Note: Allows you to search the Activity Logs for particular words/actions.
- IP Address: Allows you to search all activity from a particular IP address.