Getting Started with Telehealth
Power Diary's integrated Telehealth system lets you conduct secure video calls with your clients. It's end-to-end encrypted and suitable for use in Health Care. There are no additional fees to use this service.
Your clients access their Telehealth session via a secure link.
Before using the Telehealth feature for the first time with patients we recommend setting up a test patient in Power Diary and having a practice run. This will ensure you can make any browser setting changes at your end before your first 'real' telehealth session i.e. you will be prompted to allow your browser access to your camera and microphone.
To access Telehealth in Power Diary
- Go to the Client's Profile in Power Diary (search for a client or double click an appointment).
- In the Profile, go to the Appointments > Telehealth menu.
Sending your Client their secure Telehealth link
- You can find the client's link in their Profile under the Appointments > Telehealth menu.
- Send this link to your client via SMS or email.
- A merge field will be available soon to use in your message templates for appointment confirmations, reminders or manual messages.
Starting a Telehealth Session
- Click on the "Start Telehealth Session" and wait for your client to join the room.
- Your client will appear automatically when they join.
Sharing your Computer Screen
- To start video sharing, click on the monitor icon on the bottom of the telehealth video.
If your browser prompts you to give access, choose Entire Screen, or your browser or a specific app from the drop-down menu. Once done, tick Remember this decision and click Allow.
Your client should be able to see your computer screen.
When your browser asks permission for screensharing, you have multiple options regarding what you can share. If you choose Entire Screen, your entire computer and all its applications will be visible to your client. But if you choose a specific application you have open i.e. your web browser, your media player etc., your clients will only be able to see that only instead of everything that's on your screen.
If anytime you want your client to stop seeing your screen, click on the monitor icon on your telehealth session window again to turn screen-sharing off.
- They receive the link from you via email or SMS.
- At the time of the appointment, your client needs to click on their telehealth link. It will open in their browser. The link contains the key to access their room, so no additional logins are needed.
- When they are ready to start the session, they can click on the "Start Telehealth Session" button.
Important: Please most mobile devices will not allow you to be on a normal phone call, and start a Telehealth session at the same time. If you attempt this you may see this message. 'Camera microphone are blocked'. You'll need to end your normal call and then reattempt to connect to your telehealth call.