Adding And Managing Clients In Waitlist
If your Power Diary calendar is filled with appointments and you can’t take on another client, you can add additional clients to your Power Diary Waitlist.
This way, once you get free space in your schedule, or the new week starts, you can first add clients from your waitlist - and then take on new appointments, thereby providing much fairer services to your customers.
In this article:
Adding A Client To Your Waitlist
Here’s how you can quickly add a client to your Power Diary waitlist:
If you find the form confusing, here’s a quick explanation of how to fill the form properly:
- Using the left-hand menu on Power Diary, navigate to PEOPLE → Waitlist.
- Above it, click on the blue + Add To Waitlist button.
- You’ll see a form appear which will allow you to enter the details of your client.
- Client: This is where you will enter the name of the client who you want to add to your waitlist.
- Appointments: Here you can see the date when this client last had an appointment with your clinic - and the date of when their next scheduled appointment is.
- Who With: If there are multiple practitioners in your clinic - each with their own calendar in your Power Diary account, this is where you can assign the client to them. This setting is particularly useful if the client requests, or was being treated by a specific clinician in your clinic.
- Notes: If there is any special information you’d like to add about this client and their reason for making an appointment with you, this is the place where you’ll add it.
- Location: If you clinic has multiple branches in multiple locations, this is where you’ll select the specific clinic location your client has to visit.
- Available: This setting will let you set the availability of the client, so you can schedule your next appointment with them at a time that suits both your clinic and them.
- Date Added: Once you create the waitlist for the client, this is where you’ll see when you added them to your waitlist in the future.
After filling this form, click on the Save button. You’ll see that your client will have been added to bottom your waitlist, while the older entries will move to the top.
Organizing Your Waitlist
You can organize your waitlist by moving clients up/down the list to change their order of appearance. To do so, click and drag the arrows next to a client’s name up or down to change their order in your waiting list.
Here’s a brief demonstration:
Sending Client(s) A Message Through Your Waitlist
If you want, you can send a text message to a single client or multiple clients in your waitlist. Here’s how:
- Select the client(s) to whom you’d like to send a text message by clicking the checkbox next to their names.
- Scroll down and type in your message in the field labelled Send a text message to selected clients.
- After typing your message, click on the Send To Selected Clients button.
This will send a text message to the clients you selected.
If you regularly send certain types of text messages to clients in your waiting list, you can create a template and use it instead to quickly send the message.
- Go to TOOLS → Communication → Templates and create a template.
- After creating a template, open your waiting list and scroll down to bottom. There, you’ll find an option called Use A Template. Click on it.
- A drop down menu will appear from which you can quickly select your preferred SMS template.