Adding and Editing Clients
In Power Diary, you get multiple options to add new clients. You can either add just one client or import all your clients in bulk. In addition, you can also edit your clients' information as well.
In this article:
Adding a New Client
There are three ways to add new clients to your Power Diary account:
- Import from an existing database, e.g. Excel File.
- Add a new client while creating a new appointment.
- Add a new client using the People menu.
Method 1: Importing Existing Clients
If you have an existing client database in a supported format, Power Diary will import your clients for you. To start importing your client database, go to Setup → Data Import.
Here, you'll have to upload your client database to get started. There are two ways to do that:
- Drag-and-drop the file that contains your client list in the main window.
- Click on the blue 'Select Files' button and select the file to upload by browsing your PC.
The team at Power Diary will examine your client database file - and will import your client list for you in your Power Diary account.
If you have less than, say, 50 clients and not a lot of linked data, we recommend that you input the data yourself. Our Data Import Team often has a pipeline of new imports, and it would be more expedient and quicker for you to input your own data when there is not a lot of it.
Method 2: Add a New Client While Creating a New Appointment
You can create a new client profile when making a new appointment in Power Diary. Here's how:
- Select a time in your Power Diary calendar and make a new appointment.
- Under Client, click Add a New Client.
- Enter the new client's name and other desired details.
- Click Save.
A dropdown list of existing client names will display as you enter the client's name. If the appointment is for an existing client simply select them from the dropdown list.
Method 3: Add a New Client Using the 'People' Menu
You can add new clients individually to your account at any time. Here's how:
- On your Power Diary dashboard, go to People → Create.
- Enter the details of your client like their name, mobile number and default calendar.
- Click on the Next button
Editing an Existing Client
You can change/add information to an existing client through their profile. Here's how:
- Go to the client's profile by using the search bar at the top of the page to search the client's name.
- Make the required changes to the profile.
- Go to the bottom of the profile page and click Save.
This will update your client's profile with the new information instantly.