Adding and Editing Clients
Learn how to create and edit client profiles.
In this article:
Creating a New Client
There are three ways to add new clients to your Power Diary account:
- Import from an existing database, e.g. Excel File.
- Create a new client while adding a new appointment.
- Add a new client using the client's menu.
Method 1: Importing Existing Clients
If you have an existing client database in a workable format we are able to import this for you. To get the data to our import team go to Setup > Data Import and follow the steps outlined on the page.
Method 2: Create a New Client from a New Appointment
You can create a new client profile when making a new appointment in the diary. This allows you to take bookings and create new client profiles quickly whilst on the phone.
- Select a time in the diary to make a new appointment.
- Under Client, click Add a New Client.
- Enter the new client's name and other desired details.
- Click ✔ Save.
A dropdown list of existing client names will display as you enter the client's name. If the appointment is for an existing client simply select them from the dropdown list.
Method 3: Create a Client Using the Clients Menu
You can add new clients individually to your account at any time. Here's how:
- Go to People > Create.
- Enter the client details and their default calendar.
- Click Next.
Editing a Client
- Access the client's profile (use the search at the top of the page to search the client's name).
- Make required changes to the profile.
- Click ✔ Save.