Sending Reminders to Contacts
There might be circumstances where you want to send reminders for a client's appointments to more than just the client, such as to a parent/guardian or a partner. To cater to this need, appointment reminders can be sent to Contacts for a client's appointment. Contacts are created for a client in the Contacts section of a client's record.
If you haven't yet, add the Contact to the Client's profile in order to proceed.
To Send Appointment Reminders to a Client's contact:
- Open the client's profile and go to the Contacts page.
- Edit the Contact (click on the contact's name).
- Toggle on Send reminders about all appointments for (Client Name).
- Adjust reminder settings if needed (Editing Reminders For Individual Clients).
- Click Save.
If the client has automatic SMS or Email appointment reminders enabled the client's Contact will now receive a duplicate of the reminders.
What if the client is a child, and doesn't have a mobile, can the reminder just be sent to their parents?
- In the "Mobile" field for the client (child) just leave this field blank.
- Leave the Appointment Reminder settings for the client on, however.
- Then set their Contact (the parent) to receive reminders as described above.
A dedicated Toll-Free Number (TFN) is required to send/receive SMS messages in the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Barbados. For more details, please click here.