Adding New Clients 4 Ways
Before you can start booking appointments, you will want to add clients to your account. After adding a client, you'll be able to book appointments with them, communicate with them via SMS/Email, invoice them and more.
A dedicated Toll-Free Number (TFN) is required to send/receive SMS messages in the USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Barbados. For more details, please click here.
In this article, you'll learn four easy ways to add clients to your Power Diary account.
Here's the video:
Here are the steps:
Use this method when you need to add a new client to your system and you have already agreed on organising an appointment for them:
- Click on the desired time block where you want to schedule an appointment for the new client.
- In the Appointment Settings Panel, click the + New Client button - and add the client's details.
- Add other details of the appointments (services, products, appointment flag, etc.) and click Save.
This method can be used when you are taking in a new client, regardless of whether you have agreed on an appointment with them yet or not. This would allow you to create their profile and record any client data that has already been provided.
- On the left-hand sidebar, navigate to People → Create.
- Toggle the Client switch and add the client's details. Click Next.
- On the details page, fill in the details of the client and click Save Changes.
Please be aware that we are able to assist with importing data into your Power Diary account as a once-off complimentary service. This is usually organised at the time when you are joining Power Diary and would like to transfer your client data from the previous client management system you had been using. There are no charges associated with the import. You can find detailed information about this process in the article "Importing Your Data" here.
The instructions below illustrate how you could upload your existing client files via your Power Diary account for the future import that our Data Import team would organise for you.
On the left-hand side bar, navigate to
- Click on Select Files and upload the file containing your client profile info. (or simply drag and drop the files on the page).
- Add any special instructions or information in the notes section that you want our team to be aware of - and click Submit.
Power Diary offers a Client Portal feature where you can allow clients to register, book and cancel their appointments, book a place in classes, and pay their invoices. When a new client registers via your Client Portal link, this will create a Client Profile in your Power Diary account. See below where to find your Client Portal link and feel free to share it together with these client instructions.
On the left-hand sidebar, navigate to
- Click Enable the Client Portal if you haven't. Also, make your desired settings on the Access and Settings, Notifications, Branding and Available Services page.
- Share your Client Portal URL with your new clients.
That's it. Your new clients will be able to use the Client Portal to create a profile in your account and book an appointment with you.
- Can I add my own fields to the client details page? The fields in the client details page are fixed on a system-level and are not customisable.
- Why is the Medicare/DVA/BUPA field not showing up on the clients' details page? The Medicare/DVA/BUPA field only shows up on those client profiles that have Medicare/DVA/BUPA added as an insurer in their profile under Billing → Insurance.