Parent Account Setup Guide
Are you a practitioner, a virtual assistant, or a bookkeeper who works in multiple businesses which use Power Diary for managing their clients? We can help you by creating a Parent account so that you can access multiple Power Diary accounts via one login.
This sort of setup means that you won't need to log in and out of accounts constantly and would instead have the ability to switch between accounts quickly and easily.
You can start by watching this video:
This article will guide you through the process of setting up a Parent account.
In this article:
- Creating a Parent Account
- Switching Between the Accounts
- Adding More Users to the Parent Account
- Defining the Level of Access for the Parent Account Access User
How to Create a Parent Account
- Start with setting up the Parent account/s yourself via a free trial and call it something like: "The Heart Centre Master".
- When the free account is created, email us at email@example.com with a request to turn the account into a Parent Account.
- As part of this process, since there is no actual clinical work occurring in this Parent Account, we'll ensure you don't need to Convert Your Trial Account and start paying for it unnecessarily.
- In order for your clients to allow you access to their Power Diary accounts, we would require them to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting that we add your Parent account access to their account. Their email should:
If you get a notification that ‘ Email Address is Already in Use', please follow the instructions provided here.
- Come from the registered email address of the account (ie. the person who created the account) and;
- List the Parent account they're wanting us to connect them to (ie. The Hart Centre Master).
Switching Between the Accounts
When you first log in it will look like a normal account but with the diary greyed out. Once you are in, you can then change accounts to either of your linked ones.
- To do this simply click the business name in the top right-hand corner of the screen and then click on "Change Account" and select an account from the drop-down list.
- This will take you straight into the account that you select. You can switch between the linked accounts without the need to enter any further passwords etc, and you do not need to come back to the Parent Account to change accounts. The system knows you are a Parent user so it allows you to switch accounts as much as needed.
Add More Users to the Parent Account
Any further users you add to this Parent Account will be able to change accounts in the same way. It is then best to set up unique usernames and passwords for each of the staff members that will need to access the Parent Account.
- You do this by logging into the Parent Account and then going to Setup → Users and then click + Add New User.
- Learn more about this at Managing Users.
Make sure you are in the Parent Account when you do this and not accidentally in one of your linked accounts. You only need to set up access for your staff to the Parent Account. Once they can access this, they then will be able to access all linked accounts.
Define Levels of Access for the Parent Account Users
- When you are accessing accounts via the Parent Account what is effectively happening behind the scenes is that the system is logging you out of one account and into another. The access that the master user has in each account has been defined by a user that has been added to each of the linked accounts.
- If you look in each of the accounts under Setup → Users you should see one called "Parent Account Access User". If you edit this user, you can grant the access that any master account user will have when they switch into that particular account. Please ensure that you do not change the email address for that "Parent Account Access User" as this would break the link between the accounts.
If you are creating new users, but don't have more unique emails you can just make some up but still use your domain i.e. email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. Naturally, the 'invite' will be sent to these email addresses but you don't actually need these. Just refresh the page once invited and then click on Show the Invitation Link.