Getting Started With Tyro
In this article:
Connecting Power Diary to a Tyro Terminal
Before connecting your terminal to Power Diary you’ll need to ensure that it has been activated by Tyro.
You’ll need to connect your Power Diary account to your Tyro terminal to begin submitting claims and processing payments using Power Diary and your Tyro terminal. You can connect Power Diary to your terminal by following the steps below.
- Log into your Power Diary account and go to Setup > Integrations > Tyro. If not already done, toggle the slider to enable Tyro.
- On the terminal, go to Menu > Configuration > Integrated EFTPOS > Pair with POS.
- Select the Pair with POS option.
- The terminal should then display a Merchant ID (MID) and a Terminal ID (TID). Enter these into the relevant fields in Power Diary.
- In Power Diary, click Commence Pairing.
- Press the Start option on your terminal.
And that should be it! If all went to plan you should see a modal indicating that the pairing was successful. Feel free to close this and begin using your terminal.
Configuring the Multi-Merchant Functionality
Power Diary users can be configured with a Tyro merchant ID so that payments are made directly into a specific bank account. This is useful in situations where you want payments to be deposited directly into varying bank accounts (as opposed to just one central bank account). Follow the steps below to add a merchant ID to a user:
- Go to Setup > Users
- Select a user from the list.
- Enter the merchant ID into the relevant field.
- Click ✔ Save