Customising Your Invoices/Receipts
In Power Diary, you can create and send invoices to your clients. In this article, we’ll show you how to customise these invoices and apply your own branding to them.
Let’s get started.
In this article:
Before we begin:
To customise your invoices, you need to go to the Invoice and Statement Layout page. To go there, navigate to SETUP → Configuration → Invoices using the menu on the left-hand side of the Power Diary dashboard.
Here, you will find all the settings you need to customise your invoices.
How To Add A Logo or Letterhead To Your Invoices
Here’s how you can add a logo or letterhead to your invoices:
Invoice And Statement Layout page, click on the
Update Image button.
- A file explorer will open up. Browse your computer and open the logo/letterhead that you want to display on your invoices.
In a few seconds, your logo/letterhead will be uploaded onto Power Diary and applied on all your invoices.
If you’re printing your invoices on A4 paper, make sure your logo/letterhead is 940px wide. This will give you best results.
After uploading your logo/letterhead, you will be provided with the option to either update the image or remove it altogether.
How To Customise The Information Within Your Invoices
Power Diary automatically adds relevant information to your invoice - like your logo, business information, the products and services you’re charging for - and more.
But if there’s something you want to show/hide in your invoices, you can do that as well.
- Go to the Invoice and Statement Layout Page. On the right side of the page, you’ll find the settings to add/remove information from your invoices.
- Start by choosing the invoice title. If you’ll be charging additional to tax to your clients, choose Tax invoice. But if you’re products and services are tax inclusive, simply choose Invoice.
- Next, add in the text you want in your invoice header and footer. You can also leave it blank.
- Then choose the position of your logo, business name and contact details. If your business name/contact details is in your logo or pre-printed on your papers, set it to Don’t Show.
- Select your invoice paper size i.e. A4, A5 etc. Then type in the invoice number your want to start with for your next invoice.
- Finally, choose an email template. This email template, in addition to including the email text, will decide which email address your invoice will be sent from.
After making your desired changes, click on the Save button. Your changes will be saved and applied to all current and future Power Diary invoices.
If the paper on which you’ll print your invoices already includes your business name, address and other details, simply upload a blank image. Doing so will give you more header space on your invoices.
How To Change Your Business Details
Power Diary automatically adds your business details in every invoice you print. That’s why, before you print an invoice, make sure the details of your clinic are correctly entered in Power Diary.
Here’s how you can check - and change your business details:
- On the left-hand side of the Power Diary dashboard, go to SETUP →Configuration → Business Information.
- Here you can make changes to your clinic name, ABN, country, timezone and locale.
- Similarly, go to SETUP → Configuration → Locations.
- Here, you can add a new location of your clinic or remove an existing location
Making changes in these two places will reflect on your invoices generated in Power Diary.
How To Add Additional Information In Your Invoices
You can add additional information in your invoices and choose when it appears.
Adding Information That Appears On All Invoices
To add additional information that appears on all your invoices, go to the Invoice and Statement Layout Page by going to SETUP → Configuration → Invoices.
Here, you can add extra information to the header and footer. The header text will appear on the top and the footer text will appear on the bottom of the invoices.
The bottom of the invoice/receipt is a good place to add your payment terms and direct deposit banking information.
Adding Information That Appears For A Particular Calendar
- Go to Setup → Calendars.
- Select your calendar.
- Add desired text to Extra Invoice Text.
- Click Save.
Adding Information That Appears For A Particular Location
- Go to Setup → Configuration → Locations
Click on the location to whose invoices you want to add custom text to.
- Enter the desired text under Extra Invoice Text.
- Click Save.
Adding Information That Appears For A Particular Client
- Go to the client's profile to whose invoice you want to add additional information.
- Go to Billing → Billing Setup.
- Add desired text under Extra Invoice Info.
- Click Save.