We've added some great new payments functions to Power Diary. You can now take prepayments, as well as apply one payment across multiple invoices. This is great if clients pay you in advance, or if clients or Third Parties pay for batches of invoices at one time.
Here's how to use the new payment features:
Adding a Payment to a Single Invoice
You can do this the same as you always have from the main diary or Edit Invoice screens. We have not changed how this operates.
Adding a Prepayment or Payment for Multiple Invoices
1. To add a payment go to Accounts > New Payment
2. Search for the clients name and click 'Search Invoices to Pay'
3. You can then enter the payment details (Payment Method, Payment Amount, Date Received, Location, Notes)
4. If you would like to allocate the payment to the clients invoices, use the 'Select Invoices to Pay' section to tick the invoices you would like to apply the payment to and then click 'Save'. (If you would like to record the payment without allocating it to an invoice i.e. for a Prepayment, just click 'Save')
Once you have saved the payment you will be taken to the editing payment screen which will allow you to edit the details of the payment or to delete the payment if required. You can navigate away from this page at anytime as the payment has been recorded.
Viewing and Editing Client Payments
1. To view payments for a client go to Accounts> Payments
2. Enter the search criteria (Start/End Date, Client Name, Diary, Payment Status) and then click 'View Payments'
3. To edit a payment click on the arrow next to "Details" and select "Edit Payment". You'll then see the Payment Edit screen which allows you to make changes to the payment.
Using a Prepayment to Pay an Invoice
1. Go to the "Edit Invoice" page by right-clicking the appointment and selecting "Edit Invoice" or clicking on "Edit" in the Appointment Panel
2. Click on "Use an Existing Payment"
3. A list of available Prepayments will display. Select the desired prepayment and click "Add Payment"
Hint: Prepayments can be used to record gift voucher payments. Simply create a client record for the Gift Voucher recipient and then add the Gift Voucher prepayment to their Account.
We hope you enjoy this upgrade. If you have any questions or feedback please let us know on email@example.com or on 1300 755 184.