Submitting a Medicare Patient Claim is a very simple process.
- From the edit invoice view, click on the "Medicare" link.
- Click on "Create Patient Claim"
- Review the claim data and if it's all correct, then click "Send". This will send it to Medicare. Medicare will respond within a few seconds confirming that the claim has been "Assessed" or "Rejected". If it's rejected, reasons will be supplied so that you can fix and resubmit.
- Click on "Medicare Benefit Statement" and give this to the patient.
1. Why is there no Medicare link on the editing invoice page?
If you do not see a Medicare link on the editing invoice page you will need to ensure that the invoice has Medicare listed as the insurer. In the client record under 'Billing' you can add Medicare as the insurer, this can then be linked to an existing invoice by editing the invoice and using the Insurance drop down box to select Medicare.