The Different Appointment Types are:
Client Appointment (Default):
Sets a standard appointment for a new or existing client.
This blocks out time in the diary for personal use and is not related to a client, e.g. Lunch, Meeting etc.
This appointment type allows you to create a group and add multiple clients into this group.
Creating a New Client Appointment
- Click on the time in the diary that you would like to book. (HINT: You can click and drag a time period in the diary to book a longer appointment)
- A "New Appointment" panel will appear on the right of the screen and the selection will default to "Client appointment". If the Appointment is for an existing client: Start typing the clients name in the Client Name field. A dropdown list of existing clients will appear. Select the name from the dropdown list. If the appointment is for a new client: Click 'Add a new client' and enter the client's name and details. If the appointment is for a client you have recently selected: If you have recently been into a clients appointment or details page the client will appear under 'Select a recent client..' to allow you to quickly select them to create a new appointment.
- Add any comments to "Appointment Notes" if applicable e.g. "May be 5mins late."
- Under "Appointment Details" you can select the service type that you will be providing and change the service location. (This is optional. You can skip this step.)
- Click "Save" and your appointment will be created and will be visible in the diary.
Editing an Appointment
- Click on the appointment you wish to edit.
- The appointment panel will appear on the right side of the screen. Edit the appointment details as required.
- Click "Save".
Moving an Appointment
There are two ways to move existing appointments: (1) Clicking and dragging; or (2) Editing the date or start and finishing time.
(HINT: If a client wishes to cancel the appointment and remake a new one it is best to "Cancel" or "Re-schedule" the existing appointment in the diary, and then create a new one at the desired time. This ensures you have a complete record of the client's history.)
Method 1: Clicking and Dragging
- Hover your mouse over the coloured bar on the left side of the appointment you wish to move. (A four direction arrow will appear.)
- Click, drag and drop the appointment to the desired time, date or diary. The appointment can be dragged to any diary space visible on the page.
- The appointment will automatically be saved in the new location.
Method 2: Editing the Date or Starting and Finishing Time
- Click the appointment you wish to move.
- The appointment panel will appear on the right side of the screen. Change the Date and Time as required.
- Click "Save"